Environmental Health & Safety Officer
|Published||about 1 year ago|
|Contact email||Tara Burns|
|Job ref||DD000943 _1651766922|
The EHS Officer will primarily be responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted. He/she will plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that the Company is required to follow and work to, in order to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries. Also, deal with all health & safety complaints/issues in a professional, efficient and confidential manner, ensuring that any non-compliance is immediately acted upon and appropriate personnel and external bodies are informed where necessary in a timely manner.
The EHS Officer will be responsible for ensuring that legislated training is carried out on a timely basis and all training records are kept up to date, the successful candidate will also oversee the training programmes for the site.
- Minimum 3 Years' experience in a similar role in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Recognised qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- A certificate in environment management /or at least two years experience working with environmental risks, example effluent plant, waste management
- Working knowledge and wide experience of assessing and managing risk with high level knowledge of requirements for closeouts on those risks
- Experience in developing safety procedures/systems of work specific to an area of risk and training of those
- In depth experience of accident investigation and knowledge of management required in claims made to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board.
- Experienced in audits and dealing with the HS or similar government body
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work across all levels of the Organisation and in cross-functional teams site wide
- Ability to influence and engage and to build constructive working relationships characterised by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect particularly with manufacturing line management
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 45001 and 14001 management Systems
- The ability to promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Ability to persuade others to follow recommendations and advice to bring them into compliance with regulations, standards, or policies, preferably through voluntary compliance
- High levels of discretion and confidentiality to be exercised at all times
Team player with ability to be self sufficient and responsive to important safety decision making.