Environmental Health Officer
Our Client, a large Public Sector Organisation based in Limavady require an Environmental Health Officer to start ASAP.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £14.12 p/h
13+ week's £15.81 p/h
Hours: 37 hrs per week Monday to Friday
- The day to day management of personal work allocations including planning, organising and prioritising to achieve the objectives and targets detailed in the Health & Built Environment Service delivery plan.
- Carry out programmed inspections of premises/activities in accordance with personal authorisation applying relevant legislation, approved codes of practice, statutory guidance and departmental policies and procedures, preparation of reports and other correspondence as necessary. The remit of this post may cover one or more of the service areas below. However, the post holder will be required to provide/develop expertise in any area listed as required to meet the needs of the service:
- Public Health & Housing
- Environmental Protection
- Wellbeing Initiatives
- Food Safety
- Health & Safety at Work
- Consumer Protection
- Tobacco Control
- Dog Control
- Emergency planning & Business Continuity
- Enforcement of Byelaws
Applicants must possess 1 of the following:
The Diploma in Environmental Health of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board (or its historical predecessors);
1.b. A Certificate of Registration issued by the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board to persons holding a recognised Degree in Environmental Health or Science awarded by an educational establishment in Northern Ireland, England or Wales, or equivalent;
1.c. A Certificate of Registration issued by the Environmental Health Officer's Registration Board to persons holding a recognised qualification in Environmental Health from any other member state of the European Community who have, in addition, successfully completed an adaption period of three years or an aptitude test as required by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health in its capacity as a designated Authority under the European Communities (Recognition of Professional Qualifications) Regulations 1991 (Stat. Instrument No. 824/1991).
Demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of current environmental issues.
Demonstrate good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate both verbally and in report form.
Demonstrate an awareness of the nature of environmental health and consumer protection services and of the public's expectations of such services.
- A current full driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
*applies only to the applicants who have a disability under the disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Be able to work flexible working hours to include weekends.
Desirable Criteria :
- Post qualified experience in the field of Environmental Health.
- Possession of additional qualifications e.g Lead Assessor, HACCP Certificates, NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Diploma in Acoustics etc...
- Knowledge and experience of the Environmental Health Software management package (Tascomi)
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.