Environmental Health Officer
The Client: Local Government body based in Downpatrick, serving local residents
- Responsible for:
- Food Safety
- Tobacco Control
- Health & Safety at Work
- Consumer Protection
- Public Health
- Environmental Protection
- Health & Wellbeing
- Enforcement of Byelaws
- Undertaking inspections of commercial & domestic premises, investigate complaints & accidents, enforce relevant statutory provisions & provide advice & make recommendations to the public, commercial & government organisations.
Hours of work: 18.5 per week (Mon & Tue 9am - 5pm, Wed 1/2 Day (am)
- A third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in Environmental Health.
- A minimum of at least 6 months' previous experience in the enforcement of environmental health legislation.
- An ability to make effective use of IT systems and software packages
- A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car
- Able to work outside of normal office hours, including evenings, weekends & public/bank holidays, including emergency call out.
- A Certificate of registration with EHORB or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Rate of Pay £16.25 p/hr
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.