Environmental Health Officer
3 Temporary Environmental Health Officers required for a large government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £16.25 per hour
Location: Port Health Unit, 5 Corry Place
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 3 months
- To carry out specified enforcement, investigative, educational and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of any area of work to which the postholder is assigned.
- To actively participate in and progress through a structured development programme to build the professional experience and competence.
- To proactively liaise with other organisations (public, private, voluntary and community) to enhance the achievement of service and unit objectives.
- To carry out project work as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officer or Senior EHO.
- To be responsible for organising personal daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered.
- To provide such reports, records and statistical information as required.
- To keep himself or herself informed of all new developments within the area of work to which the postholder is currently assigned through a process of continuing professional development.
- To proactively make suggestions for the improvement of work practices and services provided.
- To participate as required in the training of students and other persons assigned to the unit for training purposes or work experience.
- To participate as directed in the council's recruitment process.
- To occasionally work outside normal office hours and to provide occasional cover for out of hours services such as the night-time noise service as directed by the unit manager.
- Be a qualified Environmental Health Officer who holds a Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board or holds a qualification acceptable to the Board, that is, Diploma in Environmental Health awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) or a historical equivalent;
- Possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and have a car available for official business
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.