Environmental Health Officer
2 Months Temporary with possible extension
The Client: Local body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The following duties are typical for this role. The post holder may be required to perform additional or different duties reasonably assigned by the Head of Service or Environmental Health Manager from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices. The post holder may be required to work in any of the sections within the Environmental Health Service.
- To carry out the full range of enforcement, investigative, educational, promotional, consultative and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of the Environmental Services Department in accordance with any departmental work programmes which exist as required by the Environmental Health Managers.
- To act in the absence of the Environmental Health Manager as necessary and to deputise as directed.
- To provide information and assistance to members of the public, elected representatives and various statutory and non-statutory bodies. Participate in partnerships at a local and regional level aimed at tackling health inequalities and improving health and well-being within the community.
- In conjunction with the EHM determine the most appropriate course of legal or non-statutory action in line with the enforcement policy and to make recommendations as necessary. Prepare and serve legal notices, present prosecution cases and attend Court/other hearings/public enquiries/appeals as required.
- Develop guidance and written procedures to achieve continuous improvement in the quality of service. Contribute to the delivery of the unit business plan, and assist in the preparation of reports and recommendations for presentation to Council.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
- It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
- A third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in Environmental Health.
- Graduate or voting membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Applicants must hold the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board Certificate or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years' relevant experience in a field directly related to Environmental Health.
- Where applicants do not hold the essential qualifications as outlined above, they must demonstrate a minimum six years' experience
A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car, or have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post. Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Rates of Pay: £17.36 p/hr
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.