Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require an Environmental Health Officer to join their team.
Location : Ballymoney
Role : Environmental Health Officer
Hour of work : 37 hrs per week - Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.76 13 weeks + £16.53
Main Duties :
- To contribute to the delivery of an effective Environmental Health service which is customer focused, innovative and value for money.
- To undertake inspections of commercial and domestic premises, to investigate complaints and accidents, to enforce relevant statutory provisions and to provide advice and make recommendations to the public, commercial, governmental organisations.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- The Diploma in Environmental Health of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board (or its historical predecessors);
- 1B. A recognised Degree in Environmental Health awarded by an educational establishment in Northern Ireland, England or Wales, or a Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland Diploma;
- 1C. A recognised qualification in Environmental Health from any other member state of the European Community who have, in addition, successfully completed an adaption period of three years or an aptitude test as required by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health in its capacity as a designated Authority under the European Communities (Recognition of Professional Qualifications) Regulations 1991 (Stat. Instrument No. 824/1991).
- One year's experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
- Be able to work flexible hours including weekends to provide a response to major incidents and other emergencies when required.
If you are interested and meet all Essential Criteria please apply via the link.