Job Title: Environmental Health Officer
Undertake inspections of commercial and domestic premises; to investigate complaints; to enforce relevant statutory provisions and to provide advice and make recommendations to public, commercial and governmental organisations on a disparate range of Health and Environment issues and to make recommendations to the Principal Environmental Health Officer.
The post holder may be required to work in one or more of the following core service areas within Health and Community Wellbeing, i.e. Health Promotion, Food Control, Port Health, Health and Safety, Environmental Protection, Pollution Control, Public Health, Consumer Protection, Licensing, Dog Control and Housing
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, monitor, audit and risk assess premises, undertakings and work practices both proactively and reactively which fall within the remit of the Health and Community Wellbeing section.
- Deal with service requests and all necessary investigations under legislation which the client has statutory responsibility.
- Have regard of relevant statutory provisions and Codes of Practice, and where necessary, instigate an appropriate course of action by means of education, persuasion and/or enforcement designed to achieve adherence to these requirements and contribute to the overall health and well-being of the community and environment.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, audit and review of effective departmental and client policies and procedures to achieve a continuous improvement in service delivery.
Hours of work: Full time hours 37.5
A relevant third level qualification in Environmental Health e.g. Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health, recognised by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) which entitles applicants to graduate or voting membership of the CIEH or equivalent body
A minimum of one years' experience (including placement year) working in the field of Environmental Health
This experience must include:
- Working as part of a team
- Good written communication skills
Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Rates of pay to be Discussed
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button. DERSL