Environmental Health Officer
Environmental Health Officer
Rate of Pay: £17.53
Location: Cecil Ward Building
Hours: 18.5 Hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible through a Senior Environmental Health Officer (EHO) to a Principal Environmental Health Officer for the improvement of the health and quality of life of people in Belfast through the efficient and effective delivery of specific work activities allocated. To make an effective contribution to the development and achievement of the Environmental Health Service objectives and unit business plans. To ensure that all duties and tasks assigned are performed in accordance with specified time and quality targets.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out specified enforcement, investigative, educational and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of any area of work.
- To actively participate in and progress through a structured development programme to build the professional experience and competence.
- To proactively liaise with other organisations (public, private, voluntary and community) to enhance the achievement of service and unit objectives.
- To carry out project work as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officer or Senior EHO.
- To be responsible for organising personal daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered.
- To provide such reports, records and statistical information as required.
- To keep himself or herself informed of all new developments within the area of work to which the postholder is currently assigned through a process of continuing professional development.
- To proactively make suggestions for the improvement of work practices and services provided.
- To participate as required in the training of students and other persons assigned to the unit for training purposes or work experience.
- To participate as directed in the client's recruitment process.
- To occasionally work outside normal office hours and to provide occasional cover for out of hours services such as the night-time noise service as directed by the unit manager.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the client.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- be a qualified Environmental Health Officer who holds a Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board or holds a qualification acceptable to the Board, that is, Diploma in Environmental Health awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) or a historical equivalent;
- possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and have a car available for official business, or, access to a form of transport which will enable them to meet the requirements of the post in full.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.