Estates Administrative Officer (Procurement Officer)
Temporary Procurement Officer required for a temporary assignment through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: 12.74
Location: Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 9 months
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To assist the Estates Officer (Procurement Team Leader) in the provision of a procurement service to ensure that the Belfast Trust achieves its corporate aim of managing the diverse contractual relationships with companies and service providers to provide the maximum benefit to the Trust in terms of quality of service and value for money.
The main purpose of the post is to provide an efficient and effective administration to support the establishment function and development of the Estate Services Department throughout the Belfast Health and Social Care Estates.
The post holder will work collaboratively with all members of staff to ensure high quality standards of systems, processes and procedures to facilitate the provision of an efficient and effective Estate Services Department. The post holder will provide administrative support and assist with the collation of information in relation to the development of Estates Business Cases, Cost Pressure Papers, Strategic Outline Cases and the collation of Finance and other information necessary for the development and management of the Estate. The post holder will use initiative and judgement to problem solve, set priorities, provide accurate and timely reports and accept delegated administrative tasks. The establishment of communication and working relationships with internal and external stakeholders related to the Estate Services Department is a key feature of this post.
This will include, but not be limited to:
- Completion of work required in adherence to BHSCT and Regional Tender Programs
- Purchasing goods and services including the utilisation of the Tendering and Quotation process in accordance with HSCNI procedures and Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (and any amendments thereto) to achieve value for money
- Proactively reviewing and sourcing goods and services in line with value for money principles
- Completion of tendering processes, where delegated, for BHSCT tenders, including preparation, advertisement, evaluation and award, for the timely renewal of existing contracts or for placing of new contracts in accordance with public procurement legislation and Trust policy
- Preparation of tender documentation, where delegated, including provision of appropriately detailed Specifications, Tender Evaluation Methodologies and Pricing Schedules
- Contribute to tendering processes by assisting in the preparation of tender documentation, including provision of Specifications, Tender Evaluation Methodologies and Pricing Schedules
- Research & verification of Equipment schedules for inclusion on contract
- Research of historical contract costs using financial databases
- Addition or removal of equipment to or from existing contracts
- Participation in BHSCT tender Contract Adjudication Groups
- Chairing of Contract Review Meetings
- Participation in Contract Review Meetings
- Provision of detailed cost estimates for tenders or Direct Award Contracts, where delegated
- Submission of requests for approval of Direct Award Contracts, where delegated
- Assist in the preparation of requests for approval of Direct Award Contracts
- Allocation of work to Contracts Support Staff
- Supervision and training of Contracts Support Staff
- Pro-active management of Contractors, taking corrective action as required
- Contractor performance and financial monitoring
- Attendance at various specialist groups and liaison with Belfast Trust staff and external organisations
- Provision of data for management and performance reports eg. KPIs, etc
- Approval of invoices as per delegated financial limits
- Providing purchasing advice and information to customers relating to choice of goods and services
- Providing general procurement advice to customers
- Assisting in programmes of investigation in conjunction with team and customer to achieve positive outcomes e.g. Savings and improved processes
- Proactive participation in the introduction of innovation within the service
- Operating a PC and computer systems to facilitate the delivery of a procurement service
- Resolving invoice queries in conjunction with contractors and HSCNI Finance Departments to ensure prompt payment of suppliers
- Responding to queries from suppliers
- Management of Medical Device Equipment Alerts
- Management of Freedom of Information Requests
- Assist senior Estates Contracts Officers, as required, by completion of allocated tasks e.g. by provision of management information, progress reports, invoicing records, costs estimates or other documentation, information or data
- Any other duties required within the banding of the post
University Degree or recognised professional qualification and one year's administrative/clerical experience including staff management
HNC/HND and two year's administrative/clerical experience including staff management
Four year's administrative/clerical experience (minimum Band 4 or equivalent) including staff management AND Have evidence of proven ability to deliver against set targets AND Have engaged with internal and external agencies to the organisation in the last two years.
Organisational skills · IT skills including data input · Well-developed written and oral communication skills · Ability to work within a team · Flexibility in start/finish times to meet service requirements · Numeracy/literacy skills · Client focused and ability to use initiative
Valid UK Driving Licence
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.