Estates Technical Officer
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require an Estates Technical Officer to join their team.
Role : Estates Technical Officer
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £15.76 13 weeks + £ 17.53
Main Duties :
- Working within the Estates Service of the Environmental Services Directorate, contribute to the development and implementation of the Estate Service Plan to promote the delivery of high quality, cost-effective maintenance and improvements to Council assets.
- Support the Area Managers with the current agenda of change including the delivery of services within the context of enhanced customer demand.
- To work closely with other Council departments and any other relevant organisations and groups to ensure co-ordinated service delivery and implementation of the Corporate Plan.
- Attend meetings of the Council and any relevant working groups, prepare and present reports when required.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description
Essential Criteria :
- A third level qualification, or equivalent, in a construction or building related subject;
- Two years' experience in the building industry or construction field.
- Alternatively consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification outlined above but who can demonstrate that they have a minimum of four years' experience in the building industry or construction field.
- Two years' experience in all of the following areas:
- Carrying out asset condition surveys (structural and M&E), preparing reports to include costings/estimates on maintenance options;
- Production of Works information (design/drawing (Autocad), specifications) for in house/external works teams for routine maintenance and improvement projects for a range of asset types;
- Production of tender documents (specifications/schedules/BOQs etc) and administration of contracts (measurement of work/interim/final certificates etc).
- Two years' experience in using MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A thorough knowledge of the techniques and standards of building construction, maintenance and repair, to include:
- Building Regulations;
- Building technology (including M&E services);
- CDM regulations;
- Production/interpretation of design drawings;
- Health and Safety as applicable to construction sites.
- A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under Disability Discrimination Act
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.