Grafton Specialist Recruitment are recruiting for an Estimator on behalf of a market leading distributor and supplier of heating and ventilation products. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join an established company. This is a fast paced and challenging role that will involve costing/tendering, liaising with clients, building/developing relationships and working to strict deadlines.
- Responsible for the day to day delivery of the commercial estimating needs of the Mechanical Ventilation division in the UK.
- Ensure accurate estimates and tenders are produced in a timely and professional manner.
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Reviewing tender enquiry documents and schedules.
- Record, measure and prepare take-off quantities from tender drawings.
- Liaise with Sales Team/ Contracting Team/ Clients.
- Liaise with purchasing and negotiating with suppliers.
- Collate and prepare accurate quotations for submission including a commercial review of the T&C's for each submission.
- Continually assessing and improving the estimating model within the business.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Technically competent with a good understanding of mechanical installation methods and pricing.
- Educated to degree level in a construction based qualification.
- Excellent understanding of commercial tendering process and associated activities.
- 3 Years in a mechanical estimating role.
- Fluent spoken and written English to a technical level.
- Good understanding of HVAC design principles.
- Basic use of CAD products to view and take off drawings.
- Strong Microsoft Excel/Word skills.
- Track record of handling multiple tender packages.
- Strong negotiation Mechanical qualifications skills.
- Able to work to tight and strict deadlines.
- Analytical skills able to review data.
- Estimating for Mechanical Heat Recovery.
- Estimating for residential Projects.
- Familiarity with UK Building Regulations.
The successful Estimator will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus pension.
The Estimator role will be based in Belfast. Typical working hours are 08.30-17.00 Monday - Thursday and 08.30-14.30 on Friday.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland