Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Junior Estimator on behalf of a market leading kitchen distributor. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career with a forward thinking, dynamic company. Our client would be open to candidates with estimating experience or someone who wants to start a career in estimating.
- Responsible for the day to day delivery of the commercial estimating needs.
- Proactive involvement in establishing the Bid Strategy to win assigned tenders.
- Ensure accurate estimates and tenders are produced in a timely and professional manner.
- Interpretation of drawings and specifications.
- Reviewing tender enquiry documents and schedules.
- Record, measure and prepare take-off quantities from tender drawings.
- Liaise with Sales Team/ Contracting Team/ Clients.
- Liaise with purchasing and negotiating with suppliers.
- Collate and prepare accurate quotations for submission including a commercial review of the T&C's for each submission.
- Continually assessing and improving the estimating model within the business.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Comfortable in liaising with the customer and supplier bases, breaking down customer enquiries and accurately calculating the cost of labour & materials that will be used as the basis in preparing tender submissions.
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Good time management skills.
- A proactive and organised approach with the ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Excellent IT skills including experience in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook.
The successful Junior Estimator will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Junior Estimator role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.