Staffline are seeking to recruit a thorough Construction Estimator to calculate costings and gains of construction projects. You will collect and analyse data according to a series of useful variables.
The ideal candidate will be very comfortable with numbers and analytical. You must have excellent attention to detail and demonstrate strong communication skills.
The goal is to provide the company with accurate information that will help in operations and strategic planning.
As a member of the Estimating Team, you will play an integral role in assisting the Sales Team to secure future contracts. Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare cost estimates by analysing requirements from drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Identity labour, material, and time requirements on each project.
- Full training will be provided to become proficient in using quotation software systems.
- Manage, prioritise, and deliver prepared quotations to Sales Managers.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Acquire understanding of the requirements of the project/program at hand.
- Select metrics to produce valid and reliable estimates.
- Gather essential information.
- Review documents or consult experts to collect all necessary data.
- Analyse data and produce forecasts.
- Perform risk analysis.
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties.
Essential - skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines in a busy office environment.
- Ability to retain information and present costings in a clear, concise, and consistent format.
- Data Management.
- Strong IT Skills.
Desirable but Not Essential - skills
- Basic understanding of accounting and project management concepts
- Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics
- Comfortable with numbers and technology.
- Knowledge of software e.g. Calwin, Business Micros Evolution and Business Micros Logikal.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Well-organized and reliable.
Please contact Grace Fleming on 028 2564 2699 to discuss or email email@example.com