Temporary (End of Jan 2020)
The Client: Local government body based in Armagh, serving local people.
The Role: The post holder will form part of a front line team of administrators and will be expected to assist in the delivery of a range of front line services including:
- Process examination entries adhering to each awarding body and SRC internal deadlines for full time, part time and all other SRC programmes
- Ensure all registrations and examination entries are made in line with SRC policies and procedures i.e. - via electronic upload or other awarding body requirements.
- Create and maintain student examination records and results on QLS System Process all Modular examination entries and issuing candidates with UCI number.
- Maintenance of on-line examination entries.
- Distribute entry statements and timetables to students and Heads of School.
- Produce examination timetable and publish on relevant noticeboards/ intranet/ Moodle etc.
- Record and itemise money received ensuring all financial transactions are carried out in line with policy.
- Ensure safe storage of examination entries and stationery.
- Organise the arrangement of examination invigilation and room allocation following JCQ regulations.
- Prepare examination timetable and schedule for students and invigilators and resolve any clashes.
- Invigilate as required.
- Administer and process all coursework and despatch exam scripts to examiners.
- Distribute student certificates and keep accurate records of posting.
- Assist with annual enrolments using the QLS system which includes cash handling duties if required.
- Answering customer queries from students, staff and/or the general public.
Hours of work: 36 hrs per week
- A minimum of a Level 3 qualification (or Higher) in Business/ Administration or a closely related area
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in English or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or equivalent or NICATS Access Maths Modules.
- A minimum of 2 years (within the last 5) relevant administrative experience in a busy modern office.
- A working knowledge of a range of software packages including Microsoft Office suite.
Other Essential Criteria
- A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information).
- Pay: TBC
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days per annum
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.