JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
The post holder will normally work business hours, but will be required to be flexible, working as required during evenings and at weekends. This role may also be eligible for a flexible working arrangement with some work based from home.
To be the Executive Assistant to the CEO. To undertake a full range of secretarial, financial and administrative duties to ensure the efficient, effective and financial running of the organisation.
MAIN TASKS AND DUTIES
- Act as first point of contact, both incoming and outgoing, within the organisation for board members, members and stakeholders.
- To assist the CEO in organising their administrative workload. Liaising with the CEO regarding the events of the day and following up resultant actions.
- Maintain complex diary management, arranging appointments and meetings as appropriate and ensuring the CEO has all relevant papers to be discussed. Arranging travel where necessary.
- Assemble and prepare papers required by the CEO to attend meetings, prepare reports, or reply to requests for information.
- Maintain clear and effective digital and hard copy filing, records and other systems, including board/internal meetings and correspondence, and to keep them updated.
- Maintain clear and effective financial systems, including invoicing, and follow up accounts payable, action direct debits, electronic transfers and reconciling bank accounts.
- Coordinate production of the relevant financial management information for the Chief executive, Board's Officers and Members as required
- Take responsibility for the renewal and telesales of Hospitality Ulster members.
- Develop and maintain an industry wide database
- Maintain the organisations communication channels, including posting press releases etc. on digital platforms (website / social media), e-zine and text.
- Maintain a range of electronic databases, including the organisations CRM (membership) data base.
- Arrange a variety of weekly meetings and when required, take accurate notes. Ensure that matters arising from meetings are dealt with by the appropriate people within agreed timescales.
- Sort and prioritise incoming post and filter telephone calls before passing them to the CEO and wider Team, if it is deemed necessary.
- To draft correspondence, process mailshots and prepare other documentation to the CEO's specification.
- Support the Team in the organisation and detailed planning of events.
- Organise workload and prioritise on a daily basis using own initiative and knowledge of the work with minimum supervision from the CEO.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regard to issues concerning the organisation and all stakeholders. Respond positively with tact, sensitivity and awareness to all stakeholders in relation to duties undertaken.
- To assist in dealing with complex enquiries
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Attend occasional evening events as required.
- Assist with the development and delivery of industry events
- Undertake project/research work as required.
- Minimum 2 A Levels grade A-D (to include English) or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience in an administrative role to include one year in a senior role
- Ability to work unsupervised, think clearly, to identify objectives and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to create and develop positive working relationships.
- Excellent organisational skills with a flexible and innovative approach to deal with changing situations and new opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to be able to deal with people of all levels.
- IT literate with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Experience of SAGE
- Experience of website content management / social media
- Knowledge of data capture
- Relevant business-related third level qualification
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com