Staffline Recruitment are delighted to offer a Head Chef role that recognises the importance of a work life balance.
The ideal Head Chef will be responsible for the kitchen operation, cost efficiency and production of innovative quality food/menus in line with agreed budgets to improve sales.
For a full Job Description please apply online. Please see key responsibilities below:
- Ability to engage, develop and lead culinary professionals.
- Innovative and solution driven/creative problem solver.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Experience of training and mentoring of staff and food development
- Experience of kitchen design and layout an advantage is desired
- Runs culinary team to ensure quality in final presentation of food.
- Provides ongoing mentoring on food production and food quality and training with respect to safety awareness. Rewards and recognize employees.
- Regularly reviews performance with each member of the team.
- Complete and maintain all staff records including training records, shift opening/closing checklists and performance data. Multi-tasking as well as ability to simplify the agenda for the team is a must.
- Identify the training needs of staff and carry out the relevant training in new procedures, methods of working or use of new equipment and cleaning products. Implement any new company policy decisions and train staff accordingly.
- Ensure that all staff closely adhere to the Unit Dress Code
- Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationship.
- Empower team to deliver excellence in customer service. Investigate concerns and respond to needs relating to the catering service and take corrective action.
- Responsible for delivering food and labour targets.
- Understands performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends; consistent focus on margin improvement.
- Ensure efficient execution and delivery of all food line products in line with the daily menu.
- Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, standard menus, recipes and ingredients through handling customer driven menus and labor standards. Understand end to end supply chain and procurement process and systems, ensure only authorized suppliers are used.
- Ensure accuracy of estimated food consumption for appropriate requisitions and/or food purchase.
- Ensure accurate equipment operation and maintenance.
- Management position, responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet customer needs and tastes.
- Offers a wide variety of culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs and tastes. Coordinates and leads culinary operations to meet production, presentation, and service standards.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years as head chef of a substantial kitchen brigade with responsibility for food production and labour management.
- Recognized culinary or kitchen management qualification.
- Ensures accurate culinary standards and techniques are in place for preparation of food items, including production, presentation and service standards.