Executive Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Northern Ireland Civil Service.
Salary: £19,500-23,000 (pro rate basis)
Location: Community NI
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 6 - 12 months
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
This is an exciting and important role in the Foundation. The Executive Officer will provide excellent customer service to visitors and stakeholders. You will provide efficient and professional administrative support to the Director of Development and Communications and have a key role in providing excellent service to our donors and delivering high-quality events throughout the year.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Executive Officer will include:
Providing excellent customer service to visitors, callers and stakeholders, by:
- Greeting and welcoming visitors on arrival and directing them to their meeting point if necessary;
- Answering calls, redirecting calls and receiving and returning messages courteously, accurately and promptly;
- Providing general advice and information to callers
Providing excellent donor services by:
- Preparing and issuing written correspondence for supporters (acknowledgement letters, reports, receipts, brochures, flyers, forms, proposals)
- Maintaining excellent and up to date records of donations and donor communications (Letters, Reports, Meetings, Invitations and events attended, Follow up);
- Regularly updating and maintaining contacts on our CRM database, including supporters, potential donors and key influencer data;
- Preparing reports from the CRM database as required;
- Assisting with the preparation and issue of digital communications, mailshots and publications;
- Stock management of publications, promotional and PR materials and equipment;
- Maintaining a library of communications consent from stakeholders.
Arranging internal and external meetings and delivering high-quality events by:
- Organising meetings, including scheduling external and internal diaries, setting up meetings, issuing invitations, recording responses, compiling attendance lists, booking venues, arranging hospitality and attending meetings where appropriate;
- Organising and providing administrative support for a series of events.
Providing efficient and professional administrative support to the Leadership Team by:
- Organising and booking travel arrangements;
- Maintaining effective communication with stakeholders;
- Assisting with the preparation and issue of Board and sub-committee papers;
- Attending meetings and taking and typing minutes;
- Providing general administrative support including filing, photocopying and correspondence;
- Participating in team meetings, recording action points as appropriate and carrying out relevant follow up actions;
- Ordering goods and services in line with corporate procedures;
- Maintaining effective and appropriate filing systems.
QUALIFICATIONS A good standard of education (at least 5 GCSE's (Grade A - C) including Maths and English - or equivalent)
At least two years' work experience in a similar administrative role including dealing directly with customers and/or the public.
Excellent customer service skills;
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
Excellent IT skills and a working knowledge of MS Office or Google Workspace;
Highly effective organisational and time management skills;
Enthusiastic and motivated.
Committed to the Foundation's vision, mission and values;
Available to attend occasional evening events.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.