Executive Officer II - Communications
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Executive Officer II x 2 to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.72pr hour
13+ week's £13.11pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm
GCE 'A' level passes in 2 separate subjects or equivalent qualification.
At least 2 years' experience to perform the role competently, ideally in a communications role.
Minimum of 13 months relevant work experience to be able to perform the role competently. With this work experience the minimum level of formal qualification required by the post holder for direct recruitment would be 2 A Levels, NVQ level 3 or equivalent professional qualification.
The post holder must possess effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to build and maintain good working relationships and engage with key internal and external stakeholders.
Experience of co-ordinating work and working towards deadlines would be desirable, with effective organisational and time management skills essential. Working in a small team the post holder must be able work on their own initiative.
Experience in the effective use of Microsoft software, Drupal and Adobe Acrobat Pro software would be considered desirable.
- Assisting with the management of the internal Communications process using the Intranet to publish articles, guidance for staff;
- Assisting with shared mailbox coverage - using desk aids to forward actions arising from mailbox to correct personnel;
- Administration of CEU generic mailboxes to categorise each message / mark as cleared when dealt with / responded to;
- Management of the internal communications schedule;
- Sourcing and writing articles and features for the Intranet;
- Management of the production of weekly web analytics reports; monthly newsletters and other key Departmental publication's for staff;
- Assist the SO business partner for various DfC Services in translating needs into tangible objectives with key messages and timings;
- Building relationships with colleagues to fully understand, advise and support them with their communication needs;
- Preparation of templates and communications products for issue to staff and key stakeholders;
- Advising SO on any potential issues around internal and external communication.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**