Executive Officer II - (NICS)
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Executive Officer II to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.72pr hour
13+ week's £13.11pr hour
Location: Belfast, City Centre
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
NIJAC's core business is running recruitment schemes for judicial office - for legal, professional and lay members. It selects people for judicial office on merit through fair and open competition and by selecting from the widest possible range of applicants
Applicants must possess:
- GCE 'A' level passes in 2 separate subjects; and
- GCSE/GCE ('O' level) at grades A, B or C in both English Language and Mathematics.
Applications will also be considered from applicants with relevant formal qualifications considered to be of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated
Operational Activities (Scheme Administrator)
The role holder will be responsible for administering assessment and selection schemes. The main duties associated with this aspect of the role include:
Administration of Schemes
- The administration of schemes for the appointment and the processes for renewal of judicial office holders in NI.
- Progressing their business area to the highest standard and ensure staff under their responsibility (AO) do likewise.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with NIJAC users including applicants, professional bodies, all levels of the Judiciary, Commissioners and other government departments etc.
- Implementing processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate effective appointments and renewals.
- Conducting invigilating/observing at assessment centres.
- Co-ordinating with colleagues in the development and production of all documents associated with appointment schemes and renewal processes.
- The planning and organisation of work associated with appointment schemes and unexpected areas of work.
Customer Service (Commissioners and Applicants)
- Providing a service to the assessors and applicants in the judicial assessment and selection process.
- Taking minutes at Senior Management / Selection Committee meetings and when necessary taking part in the meeting should their opinion be sought on particular issues.
- Attending and participating in team meetings and management meetings.
- Researching and preparing briefing material for line management as and when required.
- Preparation of business cases and tendering/procurement documentation; and
- Managing the activity of the Administration office
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**