Experienced, Time Served Mechanic
Mechanic required for maintenance and repair of a range of vehicles and equipment.
The successful candidate will be part of a team which provides a breakdown service and will participate on an on-call rota providing an out of hours repair service.
This is a temporary role until April 2021, based in Omagh, 37.5 hours weekly, with on call duties also
Rate of Pay : £11.20ph with enhanced rates for on call and unsocial hours worked
- Time served Motor Vehicle Technician with NVQ Part 3 Vehicle maintenance and Repair level or equivalent AND at least 3 years experience in the maintenance and repair of light commercial vehicles
- Full unrestricted driving licence (max of 3 penalty points will be considered), to include Category C1 and D1
- Working knowledge of vehicle electrics and electrical systems
- Must be available to work throughout Northern Ireland, if required
- Participate on "On-Call" rota
- Experience of working on Mercedes, Renault and Peugeot light commercial vehicles
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of hydraulic tail lifts
- Experience of electronic control systems (or similar)
- To analyse and diagnose faults in vehicles and equipment and to repair said faults.
- To plan workload and record work undertaken on work sheets and time logs.
- Update maintenance information on a daily basis using appropriate recording mechanisms.
- Ensure correct use of all relevant tools and equipment, bearing in mind health and safety at all times.
- In the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, undertake those duties that ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day operation within the Maintenance Workshop.
- Liaise with outside contractors in relation to additional work on vehicles.
- Respond to call outs to vehicle breakdowns in a prompt and timely manner, ensuring scene safety at all times.
- Additional ad hoc duties
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. As an established and trusted recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.