External Communications Manager
Temporary External Communications Manager required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.59 per hour
Location: Westland House, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 6 months pending review
- Carry out the duties required to manage a press office, including signing off media queries, answering media queries, signing off news releases, proactively seeking positive media coverage, media analysis and reporting
- Ensure all key messages from the press office are delivered on time and accurately
- Procurement and contract management of providers of external photographic services/licenses/media monitoring
- Maintain and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including media and other agencies; to include arranging and attending meetings to develop and enhance PR opportunities and promote NI Water key messages and campaigns
- Provide advice and support to other directorates with their external communications requirements, including preparing and implementing communications plans on their behalf
- Provision of briefing for senior officials on significant announcements and arrange PR around Ministerial involvement in such announcements
- Assist with promotion of major publications such as annual report and accounts
- Take part in an on-call, out of hours media rota. During this time, being available to handle media and other communications channels on behalf of NI Water out of hours
- A third level qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) in a relevant discipline is required, ideally communications or marketing
- A minimum of two years' experience working in a press office environment
- A minimum of two years experience of handling queries from the media and escalating media queries to senior management as required
- Ability to present complex operational issues/major or significant incidents to senior colleagues, the public and stakeholders in concise and understandable terms
- Experience of dealing with major/significant incidents requiring detailed media handling and stakeholder engagement plans
- Experience of management of staff
- Must have a full driving licence or access to a reliable means of transport that will enable you to fulfil your responsibilities
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.