Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Fabrication Team leader on behalf of our client based in Co. Meath. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very well-established successful organisation.
Duties Involve (not limited to):
- Organise fabrication staff according to build priorities
- Provides assigned team with the necessary guidance, resources and tools needed to sustain a high-performance work environment meeting safety, quality and output production requirements
- Responsible for housekeeping in the Fabrication area
- Ensure that Production schedule is being adhered to for your team(s)
- Be first point of contact for team regarding issues either related work or personal
- Fabrication of appropriate units to meet customer requirements according to QF3's
- Review Order Forms and/or drawings prior to commencing to ensure all required detail is available - if detail is not correct then notify the Senior team lead
- Attend production morning meetings as required and be familiar with the production schedule
- Inspect all units before they leave the fabrication department - reject any units which do not meet the job spec or the quality standards
- Escalate any fabrication issues or delays at the production meetings or to the Senior Team lead
- Ensure all tools and equipment are available for jobs.
- Inspect tools and equipment of fabrication staff on a regular basis.
- Train new people who start in fabrication and general operative roles
- Ensure that fabrication team are charging out hours correctly
- Ensure all fabrication staff cutting, welding and grinding of materials etc are adhering to Health & Safety procedures at all times, raising any concerns directly with your Team Lead or EHS Manager
- Identify areas for improvement within the fabrication tasks and work with the appropriate people to get these improvements implemented
- Report any low stock items in time to the Senior Team Lead
- Responsible for recycling of all waste streams in the correct manner
- Report any issue with contractor performance directly to Operations Manager
- Occasionally you may be required to go to Customer site to assist with Installation or repair -expectation is you are a brand ambassador at all times
- Report on all non-conformance and waste
- Manage and improve efficiencies throughout the department
- Other duties as requested
You may be required to complete management/supervision and other training courses for this role on an ongoing basis.