We are delighted to be working with Wrightbus, Ballymena who are have been at the forefront of transport innovation since 1946 relentlessly pushing the boundaries with its commitment to quality, style and safety.
At Wrightbus, it is never just about getting people from one place to another; it was always about getting the world to a better place. From promoting economic growth to reducing traffic congestion to making transportation more equitable for all. The Wrightbus group is on a new path of innovation and environmental consciousness under new leadership. And now, with the development of the world's first zero-emissions double deck hydrogen bus, they are on their way to ensuring a brighter future for the next generation.
Fabricator / Welder
We are currently recruiting for a Fabricator / Welder to join the team for one of our clients based in Ballymena on a full time permanent basis. The role will be to set up and operate MIG, TIG and Stick welding machines and efficiently process metal components to required quality standards.
- Responsible for Identifying parts/weldment's; jigs and fixture types to enable you to complete the welding process of all metal assemblies to the required standards.
- Ensure the proper handling of machines product and tooling at all times.
- At the end of each shift ensure shut down off all welding equipment and gas connection.
- Produce components to the client's Quality standard and produce parts on time.
- Responsible for recording jobs and quantities produced on a computerised programme.
- Responsible for carrying out the operator maintenance requirements for the machine and the tooling.
- Responsible for reporting any faults or damage to the machine and its tooling to Management.
- Ensure all workstation hand tools are returned to the tool cabinet at the end of your shift.
- Read and understand engineering weldment drawings.
- Working with jigs, fixtures and hand built fabrications to high standard of accuracy.
- Fabricate complex metal assemblies using engineering drawings.
- Produce vertical and overhead welds to the client's Quality standard required.
- Operate cranes and rotators.
- Time served welder and ability to obtain Coded Welding certificate in MIG Welding or 3 years' experience in MIG Welding and ability to obtain Coded Welding certificate in MIG welding
- 1 years' experience as a metal fabricator within an engineering environment
- Working knowledge of welding machine settings, Gas flows and amperage usage on various materials
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to undertake or provide training as required
- An awareness of general Health and Safety rules
- Proven ability to be flexible, working overtime and changing shift patterns as required
Hours of Work:
- 4 day week
- Monday to Thursday 7am - 5pm
Rate of Pay:
- £26,517.92 per annum
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those shortlisted