Facilities Technician - Lisburn
Our Client : A family owned directed company creating innovative window covering solutions for the window blind trade.
The Role : To provide an effective maintenance and repair service throughout the Company to minimise breakdowns and down time and maximise operating efficiencies.
- Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance for all Company buildings and utilities.
- Carry out routine maintenance on all Company facilities. A/C, air compressors, fire alarm, emergency lighting, order picker batteries, lights, power, heating, plumbing, joinery etc.
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and Company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
- Create & continuously update technical files for plant & equipment from liaison with suppliers, operator or own knowledge, etc.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections and takes timely corrective action. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant Supervisor and Health and Safety, together with any recommendations for improvements.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & plumbing, joinery repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
- Carry out modifications to work benches and new equipment as required.
- Follow up on action points agreed on the Health & Safety Improvement Log and by the Health and Safety Committee within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed e.g. Calibration of measuring equipment.
- Minor troubleshooting & maintenance of office equipment if required.
- Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g. training.
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary to clarify technical details and overcome problems.
- P.A.T testing.
- Install electrical work.
- Visit their Birmingham and Huddersfield sites for repairs and installation work on facilities and machinery.
- Any other reasonable duties or project work which may be required by management from time to time.
- Time served electrician, 17th to 18th edition
- * Experience of working as a Facilities Technician, carrying out repairs to all building facilities
- * P.A.T testing
- * Minor plumbing
- * Minor joinery
- * Electrical Installations
- * Analytical / problem solving skills
- * Good common sense
- * Ability to plan ahead
- * Ability to work on own initiative
- * Able to prioritise work and manage their own time
- * Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Essential Criteria
- Relevant mechanical engineering qualification e.g. NVQ, ONC, OND, Engineering
- Experience of inspections and testing
- Good computer literacy
- Knowledge of databases and MS Office packages
- Monday -Friday
- £24.000/£29.000 ( Depending on Experience )
- Willing to be flexible in terms of working hours
- Availability for overtime
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have tools and resources to help you success. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to loads of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For more information please apply with your CV by clicking on the button.