Family Project Worker - Belfast
Family Project Worker
£17,290 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Family Project Worker on a full time permanent basis in the North Belfast area. Our client is one of the most well known cross border charities, supporting some of the most marginalised individuals, couples and families experiencing homelessness.
This is an excellent, rewarding and challenging opportunity to help improve the lives of families who have found themselves homeless, now currently living in assisted accommodation.
As a Family Project Worker you will:
- You'll take the time to mend broken relationships; address debts; develop and maintain a household budget; plan and cook nutritious meals for their families and learn to run a family home.
- Ensure the practical needs of our services users are met i.e. benefit application; change of address; housing point's allocation etc. while ensuring a safe and secure environment in a high standard service.
- Assist providing accommodation and support for families who have become homeless.
- Assess the needs of service users and to jointly agree a robust support plan to meet the service users identified goals.
- Provide key working sessions to a number of residents, focusing on their identified needs, and advocating on their behalf.
- 3 GCSE's A-C to include Maths and English or equivalent
- 1 years paid experience or 2 years volunteering experience working with vulnerable adults with complex needs.
- Have an understanding of why people become homeless and the issues they can present
- Understand what support can be offered in homeless family services to promote positive futures
- Have knowledge/experience of working with needs assessment, key working and support planning for families
- Have a knowledge of the statutory and voluntary sector resources available to homeless families
- Understand the importance for Health and Safety in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and the ability to network/liaise with all relevant bodies
- Willingness to work within the guidelines of the vision mission and values.
- Ability to work on a rota basis (7 day week - Mornings, Evenings & Week-Ends).
**We will only contact candidates who outline how they meet the criteria on their CV**
- £17,290 per annum
- Comprehensive induction and continued on the job support
- Genuine development opportunities
- Training initiatives
- Private Health and Wellbeing plan
- 25 days annual leave plus 10 statutory holidays
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity pay
- Income protection insurance
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.