Field Sales Canvasser
To add value to the business by supporting the growth objectives of the domestic sales team through the generation of new sales leads primarily via canvassing activities in the East Down and Greater Belfast license areas.
To identify alternative opportunities where PNG can engage positively with perspective customers.
- Conduct field canvassing activities in line with departmental requirements
- Engage professionally with members of the public and talk knowledgeably about the benefits of natural gas
- To persuade unconnected householders to consider the benefits of natural gas and progress any enquiries by registering interest in Phoenix Natural Gas
- To carry out all duties compliantly and in line with training offered to include full use of sales scripts and relevant statementsThere will be occasional need to attend specific industry events to represent the company and promote the benefits of natural gas
- Canvassers must have an ability to answer questions posed to them and understand how to overcome initial householder apathy
- Canvassers will be required to keep their appearance neat and professional at all times
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organizational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Full Valid UK driving licence
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a customer facing role.
- Experience working in a target driven role.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Self motivated
- Proficient IT skills to include the use of Microsoft programmes such as Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Strong admin skills.
Experience working in a filed sales role