Field Service Engineer
Under the supervision of your line manager, carry out repairs and servicing of all Sidhil, Drive DeVilbiss and competitors equipment, when requested. To install, collect and exchange all the said equipment when requested. Movement of competitors' equipment may be required. To carry out product cleaning in line with the company infection control policy and turnaround servicing of all products. To accurately record and keep all necessary paperwork and administration documentation in pursuance of the job objectives, ensuring the same is submitted to the right place, in the required timescales. To carry out any other work which may be requested by your superior not specified herein and within the overall purpose of the job as defined within this document.
A customer facing role visiting general public in their homes as well as NHS and care homes this employee will be representing the company so it is imperative that they have excellent customer service skills and good standards of hygiene and appearance.
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT
What services does the department, division or section provide?
- Deliver equipment
- Clean equipment
- Service and repair equipment
- Communicate with the H/O in England
- Communicate with their line manager
- Process emails, and other administration documentation
- Manage a small stock of rental assets
- Maintain a small stock of spare parts
How does these services help the Organisation achieve its objectives?
- Support warranty on Sidhil supplied products
- Aim to achieve a first time fix of repairs when in contract
- Deliver rental products within the expected time frame detailed by the customer
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY
- Van for deliveries
- Sat Nav
- Hand tools - e.g. screwdriver, spanner, drill, socket set
- PAT tester
- ATP Reader
- Mattress and hoist test equipment inc weights
- Computer hardware and software
- Medical equipment manufactures dedicated application software
- Printer and photocopier
- Mobile phone
- CSS Software
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to send e-mails.
- Job sheets
COMMUNICATIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS
- The job holder will communicate with their manager and staff in relation to work load.
- They will also liaise with clients, sales personnel and Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare personnel at all levels.
- Visit customer locations.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, EMOTIONAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
- The role is very manual so good manual handling skills are essential(e.g moving equipment,
working in cramped or restricted position);
- Driving is a major part of the role so good driving skills and attention for detail is required.
- The role can be emotional with mental stress as you are dealing with customers that are ill and family members that are under considerable strain.
- The environment and working conditions can vary as you will be going into people's homes and with the product cleaning in-house you will need to follow the company infection control policy.
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB
Knowledge Areas: Training will be given to the most suitable applicant on areas needed.
- Sidhil Beds
- 2,3,4 section profiling beds
- Bariatric beds
- Birthing beds
- Critical care beds
- Sidhil dynamics & Seating
- Dynamic mattresses & Seating
- Plinths & treatment couches
- Patient Trolleys & stretchers
- Shower chairs & Shower trolleys
- Recliner chairs
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Mobile Hoist
- Standing Aids
- Portable bedhead hoists
- Ceiling track hoists
- LOLER Regulations
- LOLER Testing
- Slings - Inspection/service
- Stair Lifts - variety of models and makes
- High Low Baths - variety of models and makes
- Bath/poolside lifts and hoists
- Understanding of Infection Control
- Inventory Control
- Environmental Awareness