Field Service Technician | Belfast |Permanent | £23,000
Field Service Technician | Belfast |Permanent| £23,000
Staffline Ireland is currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join our client, a leading manufacturer of hospital and home health care furniture and accessories on a Permanent basis.
A customer facing role visiting general public in their homes as well as NHS and care homes you will be representing the company, so it is imperative that you have excellent customer service skills and good standards of hygiene and appearance. You must have good knowledge of CSS Software, Job sheets, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook for the purpose of e-mails.
Under the supervision of your line manager, carry out repairs and servicing of all Company products when requested. To install, collect and exchange all the said equipment when requested. To carry out product cleaning in line with the company infection control policy and turnaround servicing of all products. To accurately record and keep all necessary paperwork and administration documentation in pursuance of the job objectives, ensuring the same is submitted to the right place, in the required timescales. To carry out any other work which may be requested by your superior not specified herein and within the overall purpose of the job role.
- Efficiently carry out servicing on a range of company and competitor products
- Efficiently carry out repairs on a range of company and competitor products
- Ensure all work carried out is of a high standard and quality.
- Effectively plan your day to ensure as many repairs and services can be completed in one day.
- Travel between numerous sites will be required, including going into customer's homes. (There may be a requirement to stay away up to a week at a time)
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with your team members, manager and the Service - Customer Solutions Adviser's.
- Exceed customer's expectations by ensuring you give great customer experience at all times.
- Liaise with clients, sales personnel and Company Health-care personnel at all levels.
- Good manual handling skills are essential (e.g moving equipment, working in cramped or restricted position)
- Driving is a major part of the role so good driving skills and attention for detail is required.
- Ability to deal with emotional and mental stress as you are dealing with customers that are ill and family members that are under considerable strain.
- Ensure all company procedures are followed, including infection control, health & safety etc.
- Manage stock levels on your company van and ensure all stock procedures are followed.
- Complete and return all paperwork, ensuring it is correct, legible and returned within expect time frames.
- Carry out regular inspections on your company vehicle and report any issues to you line manager.
- Look after company equipment and report any equipment issues to your line manager.
- To be pro-active and anticipate problems or needs and be able to manage these or seek assistance from there manager when in doubt.
- All Field Service Engineers will join the on-call rota, the frequency will be determined by your line manager
- Any other duties as and when required by management that are reasonably within the capabilities of the person and are aimed at achieving the company's objectives and goals.
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB:
- profiling beds
- Bariatric beds
- Birthing beds
- Critical care beds
- Dynamic mattresses & Seating
- Plinths & treatment couches
- Patient Trolleys & stretchers
- Shower chairs & Shower trolleys
- Recliner chairs
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Mobile Hoist
- Standing Aids
- Portable bedhead hoists
- Ceiling track hoists
- LOLER Regulations
- LOLER Testing
- Slings - Inspection/service
- Stair Lifts - variety of models and makes
- High Low Baths - variety of models and makes
- Bath/poolside lifts and hoists
- Understanding of Infection Control
- Inventory Control
- Environmental Awareness
- Service Administration e.g. timesheets, overtime sheets and Job sheets etc….
Desirable: although training will be given to correct candidate
- PAT Testing
- First Aid Training
- Fire Warden
Hours of Work:
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm / On call service will be required (1 in 6 weeks)
If you meet the above criteria submit your CV via the link or send directly to in Microsoft Word format. BELSL