Post: Administration Officer - Finance
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Accountable to: Head of Business Support
Role: To assist the Finance Manager in the delivery of both financial and business support administrative activities.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintaining appropriate financial records
- Support to Unit Staff undertaking Finance Functions
- Liaison with External Bodies.
- Personal Training and Development
Key Result Area 1: Maintaining Appropriate Financial Records
- To analyse, process and monitor petty cash receipts and payments.
- To assist with the processing of all purchase invoices and credit notes including data input, the preparation of payment lists, production and distribution of cheques/remittance advices, checking of statements and dealing with suppliers queries.
- To prepare bank lodgements and present to companies bank on a weekly basis.
- To prepare funder returns in line with funder requirements within specified timescales.
- To assist with the processing of all sales invoices including data input, preparation and distribution of sales invoices, credit notes and statements.
- To input data to the finance system as instructed including general ledger journals.
- To review and monitor staff time sheets to include maintaining a schedule of ESF hours and time sheets received.
- To assist in the preparation of the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- To respond to queries from Managers and Project Administrators by retrieving information from data held on the system of supporting records.
- To assist in the preparation of information required for audit, annual accounts, budgets and other ad-hoc exercises.
- To provide effective and efficient administrative support within the finance department including filing in an accurate manner.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Head of Business Support or Finance Manager.
Key Result Area 2: Support to Unit Staff undertaking Financial Functions
- Support the administrative and financial functions carried out at Unit level.
- To assist in the guidance of staff involved in the administrative and financial functions carried out at Unit level.
Key Result Area 3: Liaison with external bodies
- To provide support to the Head of Business Support and Finance Manager during all audit visits.
Key Result Area 4: Personal training and development
- To take part in supervision, appraisal and training as identified through the companies Staff Learning and Development Processes
- To take personal responsibility for continuing personal and professional development and maintain a current continuing professional development portfolio.
- To adhere to the companies set of Core Values and Corporate Behaviours
In addition to the above duties the post holder will be expected to be flexible in discharging these and any other additional tasks as may be reasonably assigned according to the changing priorities of the organisation and developing stakeholder needs.
EDUCATION/ PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (to include Maths and English Grades A-C)
- Experience of operating SAGE 200
- Experience in preparation of external funder returns
- Experience in completion of bank reconciliations
- Paid experience of working in a relevant finance department
- Able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office, email and general computer literacy.
- Proficiency in undertaking a range of secretarial and administrative support activities
- Proven ability to maintain accurate and timely records
- Trustworthy with a commitment to confidentiality, security and health and safety
- Ability to work flexibly, conscientiously and use own initiative to meet deadlines
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
- Ability to demonstrate alignment with the companies core values and organisational behaviours.
- To undertake other additional duties as may be reasonably assigned according to the changing priorities of the organisation.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a successful check via the Access NI service before commencement of employment.
- Current full driving licence, valid in the UK and access to a car on appointment or access to a form of transport which will permit them to carry out the duties and requirements of the post in full.
- £18,543 per annum based on 35 hours per week, (or pro-rata as appropriate)
HOURS OF WORK
- 35 hours per week within office hours of Monday - Thursday: 8.00am - 4.00pm and Fridays 8.00am - 3.00pm.