Finance & Payroll Officer - Belfast
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Finance & Payroll Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 12 Months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £10.50 per hour
13+ week's £12.04 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
The Finance and Payroll Officer will be responsible for processing SIB's monthly and quarterly payroll via a computerised payroll system in an accurate and timely manner. Duties will also include management of SIB's salary recharges, holiday entitlements for Associate Strategic Advisers and compilation of management reports. The Finance and Payroll Officer will report directly to the Finance Manager.
- The successful candidate must have:
- At least three years' experience processing payroll in a complex payroll environment, using a computerised payroll system
- Experience of completing payroll related HMRC returns
- Ability to work on their own and with others, both within and outside the organisation
- Have experience of working in an environment with multiple competing and conflicting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Proven ability to produce and analyse accurate management information
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to apply strict confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Have records management experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who have
- Knowledge of Pegasus Opera Payroll.
- Payroll qualification or evidence of keeping up to date with current payroll practice.
- Process monthly and quarterly payroll, including pension contributions. As of June 2020 there are approximately 125 staff paid via monthly payroll and five paid quarterly
- Keep up to date with payroll legislation changes as well as any other changes affecting payroll processing, for example RTI and pension auto-enrolment, shared parental leave, payroll benefits etc.
- Manage SIB's salary recharges via Pegasus Opera (sales ledger), ensuring that SIB's clients are recharged correctly and in a timely manner whilst overseeing and managing the credit control function
- Prepare monthly management payroll reports for SIB's Finance Manager
- Deal with ad-hoc employee payroll or recharge queries as and when they arise
- Assist the Finance Manager with the annual pay remit process
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as required
- Act as a point of contact for SIB's Life Assurance and Pension suppliers
- Maintain the organisation's Business Case Register for staffing business cases and operational partnership agreement database
- Liaise with SIB's HR department regarding staffing Business Cases
- Work as part of the Finance team to ensure that all deadlines are met.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland