Temporary Finance Assistant required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.09 per hour
Location: Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:00)
Duration: 6 months pending review
- Verify and validate supplier invoices against contract terms.
- Validate, collate and input staff travel and subsistence claims to payroll system.
- Liaise with each of the Business Services Organisation's Shared Service Centers for Payments; Income; and Payroll as and when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of journals for entry into the financial systems to include accruals and prepayments.
- Investigate queries from internal and external customers in relation to invoices, travel expenses and other payments and provide assistance and advice as required.
- Analyse financial information to identify and resolve errors and discrepancies relating to suppliers payments and staff travel and subsistence claims.
- Ensure that financial information is processed in accordance with the Trust's policies and procedures in order that information provided for statutory returns is accurate.
- Ensure that financial information is prepared and processed in accordance with the Trust's financial timescales.
- Assist in the lodgement of cash and cheque income on behalf of the Trust.
- Open and sort the post and record monies received directly by the Trust.
- Issue petty cash.
- Suggest changes to internal procedures as identified and be in involved in the continuous improvement and development of processes.
- Assist the Financial Accounts Officer with other related duties as and when requested.
- Membership of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Intermediate Level (NVQ Level 3) or equivalent professional qualification
- OR Membership of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Foundation Level (NVQ Level 2) or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 1 years' experience gained in the last 5 years in a related financial administration environment.
- OR 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths or equivalent educational qualifications and a minimum of 1 years' experience gained in the last 5 years in a related financial administration environment
- Experience of using financial systems as well as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Have a working knowledge of HSC financial systems
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.