Our client, a leading utilities business are currently seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant to join their team in Belfast.
The Position is Permanent.
Salary is £21,100 plus company benefits.
To support the Senior Assistant Accountant and Finance Manager in providing a confidential and customer focused finance service to the organisation with a key focus on Creditors.
No experience of working in an Accounts Department is required as training will be provided on the job. This role would suit someone who is good with numbers and has an interest in developing a career in a finance role. Attention to detail and an ability to work efficiently processing data accurately is essential.
- Processing purchase order requisitions to generate purchase orders for distribution to suppliers.
- Registering purchase invoices and credit notes accurately on the system in an efficient way.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries internal and external to the business.
- Reconciling supplier statements to the purchase ledger.
- Processing goods received notes on to the system and matching to invoice and purchase order.
- Supporting the supplier payment run and cheque payment processes
- Reviewing outstanding and queried invoices and chasing them up with relevant manages as and when required.
- Month end procedures relating to the Creditors Ledger.
- Scanning invoices received via post for processing onto accounts system
- Managing creditor invoices that arrive via email and ensuring they are saved and processed in the correct manner.
- Collecting and sorting the post and distributing as necessary
- Posting Journals and Accruals in PNG and PES * Archiving as and when necessary Generic Accountabilities:
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Education, qualifications and training Essential.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent including Maths and English
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Experience of working in a team.
- Excellent communication skills
- IT Literate particularly with Microsoft Excel
All interested candidates please either send your CV via the link provided or directly to email@example.com