Finance Assistant - Sales Ledger
This energy firm have been providing their customers in Northern Ireland with excellent service for over 25 years.
Staffline Ireland are working with them to recruit a Finance Assistant - Sales Ledger to operate from their Belfast office.
- Maintaining and updating accurately customer records on the Sage accounting system.
- Generating sales invoices and credit notes with accuracy, speed and due consideration to applicable rates of VAT.
- Processing and allocating daily receipts on the sales ledger. Registering cash, cheque, WorldPay and BACS payments accurately and on a timely basis.
- Registering sales ledger refunds and cancelling payments.
- Regular analysis of the Sales Ledger to identify misallocations and preparation of write-offs for authorisation and processing.
- Ad hoc printing, scanning & sending out invoices to customers.
- General administration duties pertaining to the role including filing paperwork.
- Any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post which the Company deem to be within the post holder's competence. Operational requirements of the business may dictate that overtime may be required. Other duties include:
General Ledger duties:
- Monthly responsibility to raise and enter journals & accruals on the general ledger.
- Preparation of month end control account reconciliations
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's (grades A-C) or equivalent including Maths and English language.
- Experience working within an accounting environment.
- Experience working with accounting packages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT Literate particularly with Microsoft Excel.
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a dedicated team.
- A professional and flexible approach is required.
- Experience using Sales Ledger.
- Experience in dealing with customers both corporate and individual.
- Experience following accounting procedures, aged debt ledgers, etc.
Full job description and salary information available upon application.
For more information, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call on 07967839600.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care