FINANCE ASSOCIATE (ACCOUNTS PAYABLE) - Fixed Term 2 Years - £20K - Derry / LDerry
This position is within the finance team, comprising of Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, General Ledger Accounting and Trade Compliance. This Finance Associate role is within the accounts payable team is a wide variety of transactional activities spanning different areas of the Finance and Accounting function.
▪ Enter vendor invoices into ERP systems to the appropriate general ledger accounts to generate payments.
▪ Maintain financial accuracy through adhering to all Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
▪ Follow up with procurement to ensure blocked invoices are resolved timely, ensuring vendors are paid within terms.
▪ Analyse and resolve vendor invoices in "blocked" or "parked" status
▪ Prepare month-end accruals in a timely manner per the month end checklist schedule.
▪ Prepare month end supplier reconciliations and review of GRIR
▪ Organize and execute invoice approval workflow in a timely manner to maximize discount opportunities.
▪ Work closely with location accountants to resolve accounts payable issues, such as vendors not paid, goods receipts, purchase orders, intercompany account confirmations, work to review and resolve GRIR issues.
▪ Identifies process improvement opportunities that will recognize the root cause of discrepancies, reduce future occurrences of aged account balances, and works with appropriate internal contacts to implement those improvements.
▪ Manage master Data set-up and maintenance of customer account details and controls.
▪ Minimum 2 years' experience working within a manufacturing finance department
▪ Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
▪ Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate and external vendors to manufacturing employees
▪ Proven experience working in a fast-paced Finance function working to tight deadlines.
▪ Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
▪ Proactive problem solving and results oriented, able to work on own initiative
▪ Experience with SAP and other ERP Systems
▪ Studying towards or educated to 3rd level standard with Business related diploma or degree
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria
(Closing Date Wednesday 11th November 2020)