- Ensure financial probity within the delivery of the programme.
1.2 Ensure financial, monitoring and evaluation procedures are carried out efficiently and effectively and to the standards required by Council, Northern Ireland Audit Office and the National, EU and other investment funds.
1.3 Ensure adequate and appropriate record keeping with regard to individual projects supported by National, EU and other investment funds programmes delivered by Mid and East Antrim Borough Council.
1.4 Liaise closely with the Finance Department of Mid and East Antrim Borough Council to ensure the effective processing of claims/payments.
1.5 Establish a range of documentation to record/provide necessary data and financial reports to all appropriate bodies in close liaison with appropriate National, EU and other investment bodies and the Council.
1.6 Line Manage Finance Officer and distribute and assign duties to these staff to ensure the efficient and effective financial management of the programme.
1.7 Establish effective and efficient claims process, maintaining project files with monitoring assessment, correspondence and claim documentation.
1.8 Maintain register of assets for the section and all associated documentation.
1.9 Maintain all National, EU and other Investment fund grants database.
1.10 Process all Freedom of Information requests and maintain records as required by the Data Protection Act.
1.11 Establish Financial Procedures Manual in relation to the delivery of appropriate National, EU and other investment programmes.
1.12 Liaise with the appropriate National, EU and other investment bodies, in relation to the financial administration of Programmes. To ensure promoters systems are capable of satisfying the reporting requirements of the programme and also provide an adequate audit trail.
1.13 Advise and guide the Council, Working Groups and Sub-Committees on financial matters relating to the National, EU and other investment Programmes.
1.14 Service meetings of the Council, Working Groups and Sub-Committees.
1.15 Provide advice and support to project promoters in establishing required financial systems to meet programme reporting, audit and claims requirement.
1.16 Liaise with Council Solicitor re all legal matters relating to the programme.
1.17 Any other duties as directed by the Investment and Funding Delivery Manager.
- Adhere to and comply with all Council policies and procedures relevant to this role, including arrangements for health and safety and risk management.
- Performance Improvement
- Participate in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the Department Business Plan and relevant Service Plans responding to changing trends and citizen needs.
- Achieve high standards of personal performance, through meeting agreed personal targets and undertaking planned programmes of professional development.
- Examine opportunities to gain efficiencies and improve effectiveness including collaborative partnerships, joint working and other innovative approaches to achieve best value in the use of public money.
- Ensure that staff within your control are aware of Council Policies and Procedures and provide information and guidance as required to ensure their compliance.
- Uphold the Core Values of Mid and East Antrim Borough Council and work to achieve the wider organisational objectives as detailed in the Corporate Plan.
- Participate in the Council's Performance and Development Review process as detailed in the published scheme.
- Fulfil the legal Health and Safety duties placed on employees by:
- taking reasonable care of your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do;
- Co-operating with the Council on Health & Safety matters;
- Ensuring that you use work items provided by the Council correctly and in accordance with the training and instruction received, including personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Ensuring that you do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for health, safety, or welfare purposes.
- Contribute to Mid and East Antrim Borough Council in fulfilling all of its commitments in relation to anti-discrimination practices, its Equality Scheme and under the Northern Ireland Act 1998 and the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Comply with all the Council's policies and procedures.
- Fulfil your legal responsibility* for all records held, created or used as part of Council business whether paper based or electronic, including e-mails. All such records are public records and are accessible to the general public, with limited exceptions, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Environment Regulations 2004 and Data Protection Act 1998. Employees are required to be conversant with the Mid and East Antrim Borough Council procedure on records management and to seek advice if in doubt.