Role: Finance Manager
Salary: Circa £32,000
This registered charity have been providing specialist services and operating across Northern Ireland for the past 30 years.
Grafton Specialist Recruitment is working with them to Finance Manager on a long term contract to operate from their Lisnaskea office as a result of a new project.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Manager to gain niche experience with this charitable organisation during a period of change. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Finance Manager will direct financial strategies and oversee the preparation of financial reports whilst directing all financial activities, including payroll and the procurement process.
- Managing budgets and processing payments in line with organisational financial policies, procedures and funder requirements.
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements.
- Operate the PAYE system for a team of circa 25 staff.
- Developing and managing financial systems/models.
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with the organisation's Accountants.
- Conducting risk management.
- Liaise with companies house and charities commission ensuring relevant returns are submitted.
- Assist all teams with updating VSS monitoring and evaluating financial data for reporting
- Have oversight for assets registers.
- Oversight for petty cash and donations book and holding of all monies.
- Management of gift aid and process backlog, where appropriate managing volunteer workforce to process.
- Reporting to, and participation at the monthly finance sub-committee meeting.
- Preparation of VSS documentation for VSS verification visits. (Documentation will be checked over by the Project Coordinator, with oversight by the Director of Services).
- Updating claim sheets for VSS funded activities.
- Participation in staff inductions with regards to finance, training and supporting staff in financial practises.
- Responding to financial requests and audits as requested by VSS and other funding bodies as appropriate.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field or HNC in Finance/Accounting or equivalent and a minimum 3 years' experience as a Finance Manager/Head of Finance within medium-larger sized organisations/businesses.
- Hold Sage Payroll qualification or equivalent.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Hold a full driving licence and/or have access to transport.
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA).
- Fundraising experience and managing volunteers with the objective of raising funds.
- Be trained in first aid.
- Have experience of working with victims and survivors
- Competitive salary circa £32,000.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.