Temporary (6 months)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
To oversee and take the lead role in the Financial Management of the Organisation
To lead and manage the operational finance team in delivering an efficient and effective finance service the Organisation., while ensuring that all financial transactions are processed accurately and timely within the organisations finance and accounting system and are maintained in line with the organisations financial regulations, policies and procedures.
Audit and Compliance
- To be responsible for the year-end financial procedures, ensuring timely completion in readiness for the external audit and to aid the preparation of the annual financial statements.
- To be responsible for the month end financial procedures, ensuring high and accurate standards within a set deadline, reconciling control accounts and resolving any queries as they arise.
- Prepare for the internal and external audit process, providing information and answering questions raised the audit team.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and short and medium term financial plans for Women's Aid Armagh Down
- Actively monitor performance against agreed budgets and budget headings, reporting to the Chief Executive officer and taking prompt, appropriate action where necessary to ensure each budget is operating within the allocated budget.
- Propose revisions to the budget if necessary, in response to significant or unforeseen developments.
- Produce management accounts for individual budget, including the preparation of financial information and key performance indicators for internal review and presentation to the Chief Executive and board.
- To monitor all Government and ESFA Policy and procedural changes including future pay increases.
- Produce financial reports for the CEO and board meetings and where necessary attend these meetings to present them.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of any bad debts to recover and minimise losses
- To Support the CEO to identify opportunities and develop strategies to generate additional income.
Management of the Finance Team
- Directly line manage the finance team, monitoring the team's performance against objectives and key performance indicators.
- Monitor the accuracy of the finance and accounting system, ensuring completeness of postings and correcting errors in a timely manner.
- To maintain the ledgers within the finance and accounting system, ensuring new accounts and changes to accounts are processed and approved in a timely and accurate manner.
- To support the finance team with the processing of complex transactions on the finance and accounting system, providing advice, guidance and training to upskill every member of the team.
- To act as an approver for accounting journals, payment/BACS runs and to authorise the addition of new suppliers to the purchase ledger.
- Lead and coordinate the submission of insurance claims for the organisation and act as the main contact with the insurance providers, ensuring each policy is renewed in a timely manner to ensure there are no gaps in cover.
- To oversee and monitor all policies and procedures relating to Finance and to report all required changes or updates to the CEO and SMT.
- To support the CEO and the Senior Management team with energy management across the organisation.
- A recognised IATI Professional Qualification/3rd level education
- Extensive experience working within a finance function and as a lead role in managing a team
- Experience of managing complex budgets and producing and presenting complex management accounts
- Experience of developing and operating financial systems and procedures including audit compliance controls.
- Experience of management of fixed assets and capital accounting
- Solid understanding of regulatory frameworks
- Ability to produce and deliver complex financial information in a logical, user friendly way
- Understanding of the funding, financial management arrangements and reporting requirements for charities.
- Understanding of responsibilities of the charity in ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.