Staffline is delighted to be seeking a Finance Manager for our award-winning manufacturing client based in Downpatrick. If you are looking for a new role to expand your career in finance, this company has an unmissable opportunity for you to flourish in a rewarding and exciting environment.
Our client prides themselves on their forward-thinking approach, and their commitment to creating a healthy thriving workplace, which includes their state-of-the-art facilities, benefits, and rewards. They put massive investment into their staff - they want to make sure every member feels valued, receiving the opportunities they deserve and support they need. Our client is winning awards for their staff care and attention. This is a company that proves itself as a workplace actively manifesting its values: integrity, transparency, innovation.
As their new Finance Manager, you will look after a busy finance team, manage working capital, ensure statutory compliance, and champion the development of their ERP system.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the team in embracing the company values and create an environment of continuous improvement
- Managing and supporting the transactional financial team (including Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Payroll)
- Manage the Month End close and financial reporting process, including submissions to Management Accounting team
- Overseeing the preparation of subsidiary management accounts
- Manage Cash Flow of the business including accurate Cash Flow forecasting.
- Overseeing Facflow Reconciliations, Audits and Returns
- Developing a robust internal audit framework in conjunction with our external auditors
- Management of the Fixed Asset Register and Capex Process
- Manage submissions of monthly, quarterly & year-end other statutory returns (inc VAT, PPT, Intrastat etc).
- Overseeing Government Grant Claims
- Business Partnering with key stakeholders across the business
- Training and mentoring trainee accountants
- Key point of contact for external stakeholders including managing compliance with HMRC, government statistical returns, external auditors and insurers.
- Co-ordination of R&D Claims.
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end Financial Statements
- Management of the year end audit process
Do you possess the following knowledge, skills and experience?
- Qualified accountant (or qualified by experience) with at least 5 years relevant experience working in a busy finance department
- Experience of completing yearly statutory accounts
- Strong financial accounting experience
- Strong financial modelling skills including use of pivot tables and manipulation of data
- Excellent ability to structure and organise
- Good Communication skills and comfortable communicating across all levels
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and business query tools
- Experience in people management or a desire to develop in this area
- Experience of planning and organising several tasks and prioritising, and to cope with conflicting demands and deadlines
- Hybrid WFH
- 30 holidays
- Pension scheme
- Free car-parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Free food products every week
- Staff events including family fun days
- Clubs and Societies
- Rooftop garden terrace
If you feel like this could be your next job, apply with your CV today, or contact Bethany at Staffline, Lisburn with any queries.