Role: Finance Officer
Salary: circa £25,000, plus pension, holidays and flexible working
This registered charity has been helping people affected by homelessness across Northern Ireland for the past 30 years.
Staffline Specialist Team is working with them to Finance Officer to operate from their Belfast office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Officer to work with this established charity whilst operating with relative autonomy within their finance function.
- Producing monthly management accounts.
- Prepare annual budgets for review and liaising frequently with departmental Managers on their adherence.
- Analysis and verification of balance sheets, regularly monitoring and investigating.
- Analysis of accounts on a regular basis.
- Preparation of salaries & processing pensions.
- Managing accounts receivable including preparing claims for funding.
- Managing accounts payable.
- Liaising with external agencies where needed.
- Monthly bank reconciliations & managing petty cash.
- Develop relationships with customers to enable timely submission of information and query resolution.
- Prepare reports for the Senior Management team and Board as required.
- 12 months experience working in a busy accounting firm or working in a finance role.
- Experience of Sage 50 accounts.
- Experience in the use of IT packages including Microsoft programmes Word & Excel.
- Accountancy qualification or part qualification.
- Ability to work in a busy environment, prioritise workloads and work to agreed deadlines.
- Experience of successful independently managed work and lone working.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, numerical and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working in the voluntary sector on charitable & departmental accounts.
- Previous experience in Sage payroll software
- Current clean driving license.
- Salary circa £25,000.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.