Finance Officer Band 3 (Direct Payments)
Band 3 Finance Officer (Direct payments)
The Client: Local Public body based in Newry, serving local residents
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide admin support to the Direct Payments Finance Team with maintenance of service user files and database of all service users receiving direct payments
- Assist in the identification of all new service users to create new service user files and update monitoring spreadsheets, and promptly resolving queries
- Issue of standard letters accompanied by a fact sheet to new service users reiterating their contractual obligations in respect of monitoring arrangements, detailing where and when to send in quarterly returns.
- Assist the Direct Payments Team Manager in maintaining service users' files to contain (at least) annotated bank statements; annual Certificates of Public Liability Insurance; and notes re contacts with service users.
- Ensure that all documentation and records are maintained in accordance with the Trust's policies and procedures, including filing of quarterly bank statements and insurance certificates on service users' files
- Assist the Direct Payments Team Manager in recording of receipt of bank statements and insurance certificates on spreadsheet
- Assist the Direct Payments Team Manager in pursuance of outstanding monitoring returns, including issuing standard reminder letters and alerting key workers to non-compliance in accordance with the escalation procedure
- Assist the Direct Payments Team Manager in the review of statements for annotation, bank charges, cash withdrawals, surplus balances, evidence of payments to HMRC, including alerting key workers of non-submission of monitoring returns and misuse of DP
- Investigate and appropriately resolve any discrepancies or queries relating to transactions, referring to Direct Payments Team Manager as appropriate
- Provide assistance in addressing ad hoc queries from service users and key workers - involving interrogation of EFIN and Abacus and referring service users to relevant key worker contact
- Assist the Direct Payments Team Manager in the provision of reporting information, including statistics on service user compliance, and other returns as required by Trust managers, DoH etc
- Develop and maintain an appropriate knowledge of the system including Abacus, FPL etc and the structure and functions of the Trust
- Input of commissioning, amendment, and cessation forms to Abacus for generation of 4 weekly payments to service users
General Finance Responsibilities
- Assist the Direct Payments Team Manager in ensuring that all deadlines are adhered to eg quarterly information cycles and issue of letters, monthly reporting timetable
- Adhere to Trust policies for the effective management, use and maintenance of all physical assets by the Direct Payments Monitoring Team
- Participate in office routines including opening and sorting post, sorting and filing documents and preparing outgoing post
- Contribute to the department's overall governance processes to ensure safe and effective care for patients and service users, complying with public sector values and codes of conduct, operations and accountability.
- Participate in the Trust's performance and development reviews and advise on, and initiate further training to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- Maintain the security of all documents, information and systems within the Direct Payments Finance Team to the highest standard, including physical security of the office and confidentiality around service user information
- Ensure that all correspondence, or other queries are dealt with according to Direct Payments Monitoring Team policies and procedures, and in a proper and prompt manner, referring to Direct Payments Team Manager as appropriate
- Adhere to all Finance, Procurement and Estates Directorate policies and procedures.
- Organise own workload to optimise efficiency in the Direct Payments Finance Team and Financial Services division and to ensure that individual and team tasks are completed within agreed timescales.
- Monitor and check own work to ensure highest quality of input data prior to processing
- Participate in system and procedure reviews to identify weaknesses and scope for improvements to enhance control and efficiency
- Facilitate Internal/External Audits which investigate Financial Services processes /systems etc.
- Adhere to Direct Payments Finance Team policies and procedures for the management and storage of information by the Direct Payments Monitoring Team to meet internal and external reporting requirements
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years' experience in a finance/ clerical / administrative role OR 2 years' experience in a finance/ clerical / administrative role
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word and Excel, or equivalent.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm
- Rates of pay £10.40 per hour
- Holiday entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.