Finance Officer, Belfast
Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Finance Officer on a temporary ongoing basis on behalf of their client, a charity based in Belfast.
Salary: £27,925 per annum
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, hybrid working in place
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Corporate Services and assistance in the effective management and administration of Finance within the charity.
- To maintain financial information and systems in preparation of management accounts and budgets.
- To assist with the preparation of monthly payroll/pensions and to respond to any enquiries in relation to this
- To ensure that any legal or HMRC changes in statutory rates are adhered to
- To ensure that all orders are authorised and assigned to correct budget category and department apportionment
- To ensure that all invoices are processed for payment by due dates
- To manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- To assist the Head of Finance & Corporate Services in preparing the monthly accounts and annual statutory financial accounts
- To ensure timely counting, budget coding and lodgement of all monies
- To ensure that all petty cash procedures and records are maintained
- To ensure timely and accurate entry of all financial information posted onto the system
- To respond to queries from staff or external bodies
- To prepare cheque payments, ensuring that all expenditure has been properly incurred, that adequate documentation is in place and that payments are sent out in a timely manner
- To assist the Head of Finance & Corporate Services with aged debtors and credit control monitoring
- To reconcile supplier statements on a regular basis ensuring that any discrepancies are investigated and resolved
- Foundation level qualification in a recognised Accountancy Body (e.g. ICAI/ ICAEW/ ICAS/ ACCA/CIMA/ CIPFA), Full IATI/AAT qualification, or 5 years' recent experience in a financial role if you do not possess relevant qualification.
- A minimum of three years' work experience in a financial role.
- Budget management to include assisting in the management and monitoring of budgets
- Preparation of management accounts
- At least two years' experience in Sage 200
- Proven experience of purchase ledger and sales ledger management
- Experience of Sage payroll software
Only candidates who meet the essential criteria will be considered. BELSL