Finance Officer - Non Profit - Dublin 12
Finance Officer - Non Profit - Dublin 12
At Staffline Recruitment we have a super opportunity available for an experienced Finance Officer / Part Qualified Accountant to take up a contract with an immediate start. Working with a Not for Profit organisation with offices in Dublin 12, this role will require a self-motivated and proactive individual who will work well as part of a small team.
This is a demanding and dynamic role and will require someone with the ability to handle pressure and competing demands and deadlines, while maintaining an approachable and team orientated presence in the office.
Reporting to the Finance & Governance Manager, the post-holder will contribute to the efficient delivery of financial and management accounting services, through the provision of effective financial accounting systems and procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and associated reports for review by the Financial & Governance Manager
- Calculation and processing of accruals and prepayments for management accounts on a monthly basis
- Assist with the preparation of financial projections and cash flow forecasts
- Ensure that bank accounts and petty cash are reconciled regularly (weekly)
- Prepare calculations of the actual cost of the Association's services and assist in calculating rental and other annual charges to tenants and maintaining control accounts
- Maintain and update the Asset register on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all systems of payment to creditors and suppliers are up-to-date and efficiently managed and maintained
- Assist with the preparation of financial appraisals for capital development programmes
- Assist with monitoring financial progress against targets and provide timely reports to other staff
- Assist with the development and monitoring of internal cost centre accounting, and prepare analysis of variances between budgets and actual results
- Responsible for ensuring that the efficient operation of computerised financial systems - reconciling the integrated reports from housing to the ledger
- Assist with the preparation of annual revenue and capital budget models, analysis and reports for the Financial & Governance Manager
- Assist in ensuring that all internal control measures are implemented and communicated to all appropriate staff
- Administer the supplier system, purchase orders, requisitions, invoice authorisations, and budget coding
- Administer accounting for VAT and Relevant Contract Tax, ensuring full compliance with Revenue Commissioners requirements
- Assist in the administration of the Regulatory Return, and in the submission of the annual return and in preparation for any audits
- Assist in administering of all other annual returns, including CRO, CRA, and Lobbying
- Provide an excellent customer service and adhere to confidentiality and Data Protection requirements
- Ensure and maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the work of the department and the Association
- To contribute to the development of operational and strategic plans as required
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Qualified or part qualified in a recognised professional accountancy qualification to a minimum of a recognised Technician's level
- 3rd level qualification in an accountancy related subject
- At least two years practical experience of an assistant role in the preparation of management accounts
- Able to work to a high standard of accuracy
- Strong organisational and administrative skills P
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet targets/deadlines
The successful candidate will be required to work 37 hours per week. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm, although the post-holder will be required to work outside of these hours to meet the requirements of the role. Flexitime is in operation.
The role will be based at the organisation's office in Dublin 12, although there is the option to work from home on occasion, and subject to the agreement of the Finance & Governance Manager or the Chief Executive.
A salary of €45,000 will be on offer and the position will be offered initially as 6 month contract with a strong possibility of extension upon completion.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed clink.
Immediate interviews will be held for suitable candidates.