Role: Financial Analyst
Salary: Highly competitive salary plus pension & private medical insurance
This leading utilities firm own one of the largest electricity transmission and distribution networks in the UK. They have been operating in Northern Ireland and beyond for over 50 years.
Staffline Specialist Recruitment is supporting them to recruit a Financial Analyst to operate from their Belfast site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced finance professional to gain experience with this industry leader in their field. You will be joining a dynamic financial planning and regulation team within an award winning company which places particular emphasis on investment in people. If you are interested in finding out more, send your CV to me in confidence.
The Financial Analyst plays a key role in the financial planning, modelling and stakeholder management activities of the business. The main duties are outlined below:
- Assist in the development of the annual five-year plan and quarterly forecasting of future company performance through consolidation of forecast information in financial planning models previously developed.
- Work closely with the business to analyse internal and external drivers to develop and challenge forecasting and planning assumptions.
- Quantitative analysis of operational and financial data to assist management in interpreting results.
- Input to, challenge and update business strategy/plans/KPI targets.
- Ensure robust financial controls in relation to modelling and financial analysis.
- Develop and continually improve financial planning models ensuring all models are fully documented with explanatory notes.
- Support the preparation of papers for submission to and review by the Executive and Board.
- Performance of ad-hoc analysis to support projects, developments and plans across the business.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements and uncover areas for improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Professionally qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel with the ability to manipulate data and knowledge of financial modelling techniques (v-lookups, sum-ifs, pivot tables, Index etc.).
- Highly developed numeracy and analytical skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn quickly and be adaptable.
- Effective communicator - expressing information & ideas to others in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing across all levels in the business and act as the 'go to' person for analysis and financial modelling.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, resolving stakeholder queries in a professional and timely manner.
- Proven experience in financial models, including scenario analysis for a leading business.
- Demonstrable evidence of knowledge and experience of a regulatory environment;
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Proven experience in developing and reviewing financial models, including scenario analysis for a leading business;
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting tools and/or experience in transitioning from an Excel based model.
- £30k-£40k salary.
- Private medical.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.