Financial Assessment Assistant Band 3
Financial Assessment Assistant
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Omagh, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective administrative service to the finance department
To assist in the provision of an efficient and effective financial assessment, income recovery and payment service for service users in a residential or nursing home setting.
The post holder will be expected to undertake duties in the cash office as required.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Assessments / Residential Homes
- To assist in the assessment of contributions due from clients admitted to statutory/private/voluntary nursing and residential homes, in accordance with the Charging for Residential Accommodation Guide and within laid down timescales.
- To ensure that all appropriate documentation is received and is completed properly for persons admitted to statutory /private/ voluntary homes and any necessary follow up action is taken.
- To update client records in respect of admissions/discharges and deaths accurately and in a timely manner.
- To verify income and assets as required.
- To maintain and update records of clients with statutory disregards.
- To notify the client or their representative and the Home of the assessed charge.
- To produce and distribute standard system reports as per laid down procedures and timescales.
- To assist in the preparation of briefing papers for consideration of the Trust's Scrutiny Group where necessary e.g. discretionary disregard applied for.
- To liaise with clients, their representatives, Care Managers, solicitors and statutory agencies as necessary.
- To ensure that assessment queries from whatever source are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- To assist in the recovery of all income due to the Trust from clients or their representatives
- To facilitate the distribution of personal allowances to residents in statutory homes.
- To maintain accurate manual and computer records of all transactions in respect of pensions and benefits including the appropriate allocation of personal allowance
- To liaise with residents, their representatives, Care Managers, solicitors and statutory agencies as necessary.
- To ensure that pension/benefit queries from whatever source are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Receipt, accurate recording and safe custody of all monies due to the Trust
- Preparation of bank lodgements and banking
- Ensure accurate recording and safe custody of patient's property
- Ensure paying out of patients property accounts
- Maintain petty cash floats
- Payment of patient travel claims
- Collection of catering and other miscellaneous cash
- Receipting cash received
- Provide information to the Compensation Recovery Unit (CRU)
- Assist in monitoring RTA income
- Filing support documentation
General Finance Responsibilities
- Maintain the security of all documents, information and systems within the department to the highest standard.
- Ensure that all correspondence or other queries are dealt with according to department policies and procedures, and in a proper and prompt manner, referring to team leader as appropriate.
- Assist the team leader in ensuring that all deadlines are adhered to e.g. daily/weekly/monthly reconciliations, monthly processing and reporting time
GENERAL / MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in Staff Development and Performance Review. Review individually on a regular basis the performance of immediately subordinate staff. Provide guidance on personal development requirements and advice on and initiate, where appropriate, further training.
- Delegate's appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within his/her control whilst retaining overall responsibility and accountability for results.
- Ensures that subordinate staff are adequately trained in processes and procedures
- Participate, as required, in the selection and appointment of staff.
- Maintain the security of all documents, information, and systems within the department to the highest standard.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to and staff reporting to him/her is fully conversant with the Regulations.
- Maintenance and ordering of stationery
- Maintenance of order books
- Responsible for safety of keys
- Ensuring photocopiers / office equipment are maintained
- Administrative support to senior managers
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 9-5
5 GCSE's (Grade A-C) including English Language and Mathematics / Accounts
1 years' admin and clerical experience
3 years' admin & clerical experience
- Knowledge of financial assessments
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of financial systems including working knowledge of spreadsheets and MS applications
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team
- Ability to prioritise work to achieve set deadlines
- Rates of pay £10.40 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.