Financial Audit Manager - Public Sector
Staffline Recruitment Ireland is currently partnering with a Public Sector body to recruit an Audit Manager. This organisation manages funding programmes on behalf of a range of government departments and the primary focus of this role will be to manage a team who ensure monies are spent for the purposes intended and that funding is appropriately claimed in line with programme / scheme rules.
This organisation's head office is located in Dublin City Centre but due to the nature of this role, it is possible to work remotely and /or be based in any of this organisation's regional offices.Location should not be an issue if you are interested! The role can be based in any Pobal office - Dublin, Cork, Clifden, Galway, Monaghan, Sligo, Kilkenny, Limerick or Mullingar.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, motivating and supervising field based audit teams. The post holder will play a lead role in ensuring the delivery of the commitments outlined in the respective programme delivery agreements and reporting on same. A key requirement of the position is an ability to plan, ensure delivery, and escalate matters as appropriate. A high degree of flexibility is expected, as well as the ability to significantly contribute to the management team, work autonomously and be solution focused.
- Positively lead, motivate and encourage the team whilst maintaining momentum and motivation under pressure
- Ensure that all staff adhere to standards and procedures
- Engage in the company business planning processes and ensure the key deliverables are captured appropriately and reflected in the operational plans/Programme delivery agreements
- Ensuring delivery of all targets/KPI's in the operational plans and reporting on same in a timely manner
- Assist in the compilation of the annual audit plan in conjunction with the Audit Director and monitor the delivery of same on an ongoing basis
- Provide oversight of the planned programme of work and ensuring appropriate solutions are put in place in relation to any issues arising to mitigate any risks identified
- Conduct quality assurance checks as appropriate to ensure accuracy and consistency of approach in relation to all verification/audit reports
- Provide oversight and monitor the internal reporting structures in place including debtor management
- Deliver on all reporting requirements and capturing the results of the onsite visits effectively to meet the needs of the management, the Executive/strategic management, the CEO and the Board
- Keeping abreast of all government requirements pertaining to the management of grant aid and public accountability requirements as well as the evolving regulatory requirements ie Charites regulator etc
- Undertake risk audits of beneficiaries of all Pobal managed programmes as assigned and provide regular updates
- Conduct an analysis of a diverse range of data to include previous audit reports, internal/external information, etc
- Encouraging the introduction of preventative measures, remedies and appropriate supports internally through the identification of the common issues arising in audit reports
- Provide advice and guidance regarding eligibility and best practice in terms of financial controls etc
- Proactively engage with external stakeholders as well as internally in the interest of encouraging shared learning and fostering collaborative relationships
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Proven experience as an internal or external auditor for at least 5 years
- Relevant professional accounting qualification or equivalent is essential
- Strong people management experience
- Excellent financial management experience
- Evidence of producing high quality reports within prescribed timescales
- Presentation skills and experience
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook coupled with CAD, programme databases, SharePoint portals
- Knowledge of the community/voluntary/public sector is desirable
- Knowledge of EU and Government Accounting Regulations and public accountability requirements and the regulatory environment ie charities regulator etc is desirable
- Significant experience in forensic accounting or auditing grant claims is desirable
- Drivers licence & provision of car for business purposes will be necessary
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For further information call Laura directly on 086 1409232.
A salary in the region of €55,668 - €76,476 will be payable for this role.