This local manufacturing firm are one of the market leaders in their industry and have been providing services to their clients globally for the past 15 years.
Staffline specialist recruitment is working with them to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to operate from their Portadown site.
This is a fantastic new role and opportunity to join an ambitious growing company, where you will have lots of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to the business. In return you will have the chance to develop your skills and experience.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments.
- Work closely with the Director on innovative business opportunities while providing relevant financial information.
- Create weekly, monthly, and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Review structure of the finance function regularly, suggesting updates and improvements where necessary.
- Monitor spending, recommending ways to reduce cost and increase profit.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Implementing and maintaining highest quality financial controls and reporting systems, ensuring continuous improvement and a forward-thinking approach.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Deliver strategic and financial planning advice.
- Liaising with banking institutions and government agencies.
- Handling claims, disputes and necessary legal action relating to these.
- Report to the Director with timely and accurate financial information.
- Contribute to the on-going management and development of the company.
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant (Candidates who are not qualified but with relevant experience will still be considered).
- 5+ years' experience in a Finance or Accounting role.
- Ideally with exposure to legal cases and disputes.
- Experience dealing with INVEST-NI.
- Experience with (Bank) finance providers.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to relay information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 and Xero.
- Experience handling Payroll and Hr functions.
- Ability to challenge the business and ensure that right decisions are being made.
- Results driven and ensures tasks are delivered to deadlines.
- £40k - £45k salary.
- Pension scheme.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.