Financial Services Accountant
The Client: Local Public organisation based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for the preparation of the Statutory Financial Statements and the efficient and effective management of the Accounts Payable and Employees Services teams, which include banking, cashflow and payroll; and the provision of related proactive, specialist support and advice to budget holders:
- To be responsible for the preparation of the Statutory Financial Statements in accordance with Departmental and Public Sector Directives, Financial Reporting requirement and other relevant guidance.
- To support the Head of Finance in ensuring that the Employee Services and Accounts Payable Teams enable and support the service delivery model in line with the with Finance Strategy and business plans.
- To ensure financial policies and procedures are aligned to the legislative context, Financial Regulations and best practice.
- To work with the Head of Finance in formulating financial forecasts and plans to enable service delivery.
- To ensure the effective and efficient delivery of financial support services by developing effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including heads of departments, other relevant line managers and employees throughout the organisation, and representative bodies as required.
- To be responsible for the effective delivery of the accounts payable function, ensuring compliance with internal policies, legislation and best practice
- To be responsible for the production of monthly financial reports to the Department as required
- To oversee the Bank Tender and cash process in line with banking policies, procedures controls and reconciliations; and to ensure that the relevant and appropriate contracts are in place for these.
- To manage the preparation of appropriate business cases, tenders and quotations in line with financial and procurement regulations, policies and procedures and corporate timescales
Hours of work: 2.5 days per week Part time (between the hours of 9.00am- 5.00pm, Monday- Friday)
Possess a Degree level qualification in a relevant subject such as Accounting, Business Studies, Finance, Economics or equivalent
Be a CCAB Qualified Accountant having successfully completed the professional examinations of one of the following:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW, ICAI, ICAS)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
Have at least 3 years relevant experience:
- Within a large complex organisation, both multisite and multi-disciplinary
- Of Financial management, including accounts payable and payroll functions
- Of managing a group of professional finance staff
- Accounting Systems Development Experience in the preparation of Statutory Annual Accounts.
Demonstrable experience of:
- Developing financial solutions for customers and allocating resources to strategic organisational priorities to ensure effective service delivery;
- Using financial information to make a significant impact on corporate strategic decision making.
- Accounting for Pensions
Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Rates of pay £24.12 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.