Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Limavady Require a Fire Safety Officer to join their team.
Role : Fire Safety Officer
Location : Limavady
Hours of work : 22.2 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1- 12 weeks £15.76 13 weeks + £17.53
Main Duties :
- The post holder will be responsible for fire safety related matters and provide specialist advice to Council employees, elected members and other relevant stakeholders in respect of fire safety matters.
- To provide advice and guidance within the functional area in line with the current legislation and relevant statutory body guidelines.
- Be responsible for conducting compliance investigations and inspections in relation to your function area.
- Ensure that the organisation complies with all statutory and legislative requirements relating to fire safety by adhering to requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
1A). A degree in a relevant fire, building or engineering related discipline (for example Building Engineering and Management).
1B). Full corporate membership of an appropriate building related professional institution or association, such as IFE, CABE or CIOB.
A minimum of two year's experience within the built environment including:-
- Working within a Local Government Environment;
- Liaising with NI Fire and Rescue Service;
- Interpreting and practical application of Part III of The Fire and Rescue Services (NI) Order 2006, Fire Safety Regulations (NI) 2010 and Part E of the Building Regulations and allied fire safety legislation;
- Carrying out Fire Risk Assessments on a wide range of premises within a Local Government Environment
An understanding of the legislative framework and guidance governing the work of Fire Safety management to include:-
- Fire and Rescue Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006;
- Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010; and,
- PAS79 (2012 or 2020); and,
- Part E of The Building Regulations in Northern Ireland.
A working knowledge of:
- M. Government fire risk assessment guides
- S. 5839 part 1
- S. 5266 part 1
- BS 999 suite and in particular BS 9997 (Fire risk management systems).
- Disability access requirements
- Building Regulations Technical Standards i.e.Technical Booklets E, ADB, B.S. 5588 suite.
- An understanding of the issues impacting on service delivery.
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment in which it operates.
- Current full driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post in full.
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under Disability Discrimination Act
Desirable Criteria :
- A recognised qualification relating to fire safety management or Fire Risk Assessment for example Fire Risk Assessment Course.
- Has attended the Fire service College (or equivalent) and completed one or more of the following courses:
- Smoke control.
- Fire engineering principles.
- Building Regulations.
- B.S 9999.
- B.S 5839.
- B.S 5266.
- Has a recognised health & safety qualification i.e. NEBOSH certificate.
- Has a recognised Training Qualification.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.