Main Purpose of Post
- Delivery of effective and efficient sports and leisure activities linked to the Healthy Living & Sport Service Unit Activity programme; involving the instruction, supervision and control of members of the public taking part in the classes and/or courses which make up the programme, enforcing Health and Safety regulations and standard operating procedures at all times.
- The post holder will be expected to provide high quality services through the development and effective use of Council resources. Responsible for delivering continuous improvement that provides effective and efficient service delivery with strong focus on tangible outcomes for the Service Unit Customers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In accordance with personal qualifications and role within the Unit, ensure the effective and positive delivery of the Service Unit Activity Programme in line with the level of instruction required, Customer needs and Service objectives.
- Carry out administrative duties in relation to the activity programme as deemed appropriate for the particular service provided as and when required.
- Adherence to standard operating procedures including all Council and Centre policies / procedures and knowledge of the emergency action plans relevant to each facility.
- When required, and following adequate training, assist with the safe handling, erecting, dismantling and storage of equipment required for the activity / class
- Level 1 National Governing Body Coaching Award
- At least 6 months experience of coaching young people
Coaches are required on a casual basis to cover Monday - Saturday.
£20.00 per hour
If you can coach any of these classes and are interested please forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org