MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
- Responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operation of the Fitness Studio and its associated activities/programmes; involving the supervision and control of members of the public using the facilities, enforcement of Health & Safety regulations and standard operating procedures.
- The post holder will be expected to achieve high quality services by the development and effective use of Council resources. Responsible for delivering continuous improvement that provides effective and efficient service delivery to the customer with strong focus on tangible outcomes.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITLIES:
- Responsible for ensuring effective and positive working within and across the facilities, and within the Service in order to meet customer needs.
- Delivery of standard operating procedures including all Council and Centre policies / procedures and knowledge of the emergency action plans.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the centre and the cleanliness of the outdoor boundaries by using manual, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for safe and correct use of chemicals, ensuring documentation is completed as specified by COSHH.
- Report defects in or damage to the building, equipment, fixtures and fittings to the Fitness / Centre Supervisors. In the case of emergency carry out minor repairs where possible and within safe boundaries.
- Responsible for administrating First Aid as and when appropriate to assist with major incident; ensuring incidents are dealt with efficiently and promptly while accurately recording details in respect of potential insurance claims. Relating all details of incidents to the Fitness Supervisor and when necessary.
- Deliver high quality cost effective services.
- Continuously improve the Council's overall performance within the facilities.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer care within the facility, dealing with potential and existing users including day to day enquiries, complaints and increase of memberships
- Enforce regulations, which directly impact on the Health & Safety and well-being of all patrons using the Centre's facilities.
- As part of CPD must be willing to undertake professional training as deemed necessary for this post and to gain CPD points including First Aid, Health & Safety, staff training etc.
- Promote value for money, service excellence and equality in the delivery of services and employment.
- The post holder should be efficient in planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things
- Maintain effective communications both internally and externally in order to deliver the Service, Directorate and Council objectives.
- Contribute to the development of strong working relationships with the public
- Promote the Borough's reputation and promote a positive image of the Council.
- Demonstrate an open commitment to actively promoting and celebrating diversity within the facilities and its activities. Promote social inclusion and community cohesion.
- One years experience working within a leisure/fitness environment
- Must possess a valid Level Two Fitness Instructor Qualification (with Gym)
- Experience of Health & Safety at work
- One years experience of cleaning in a work environment
- Must be willing to complete an Access NI Disclosure
Role based in Roe Valley Leisure Centre please call Ashleigh 028 25642699 to discuss or forward cv to firstname.lastname@example.org